Welcome to episode 142 of Chat With Traders.
Here’s a fun fact for you listeners. Totally unintentional, but exactly one hundred episodes ago, I had the same guest, Bert Moler on episode 42 for the podcast. He joins us again this week.
Bert has a serious focus on machine learning as an algorithmic trader. He makes his trading decisions purely br data. In fact, he puts in a lot of effort to remove human bias and flaws through the use of automation.
In the next hour you’ll get to learn:
- What other potential sources of edge are, beyond alpha
- A sneak peek into Bert’s strategy on high frequency marketing making
- How Bert is increasing his efforts to automate as many decisions as possible
- Why he’s interested in areas and markets with less sophisticated traders
Bert’s ideas might seem a little abstract to you at first, and that’s totally understandable. However, I would really urge you to listen to this episode with an open mind. The cool thing about Bert is that he is willing to get creative and think a little differently.
After you listen to the episode, you’re welcome to post any questions in the comments area at chatwithtraders.com/142. Bert will do his best to answer as man as he can.
What’s Covered in This Interview:
- Bert’s increasing efforts to automate as many decisions as he can, including symbol section when it comes to strategy development
- Places and where to seek out opportunities so it’s “easier” to make money.
- Bert’s insight into why each marketing is like a game with it own players
- Where traders are able to find other sources of edge beyond alpha, Bert’s thoughts on spurious correlations and how to get creative with time series data manipulation
- How Bert structures his workday, including why he values unstructured time
- The time when Bert realized irrational decisions happens quite often