Adam Ryan from Optic Trader is our first guest Canadian guest. Adam is very open to talking how he was not an overnight success. In fact, he had to go through the same struggles and the kinds of challenges listeners can surely relate to.
What sets Adam apart was that he never gave up, and it was his perseverance and determinaion that led him to find a trading mentor who was able to help his career in many ways.
Currently, Adam has found more ways to be successful and is actively trading gold, crude oil and the S&P 500 futures.
Adam discusses during this interview in-depth about his trading journey. Surely you’ll pick up some great advice, especially about how to set goals and the ways you can actually achieve them.
What’s Covered in This Interview:
- How within two day of his trading career, Adam lost half of his trading capital on illiquid penny stocks.
- Adam on why you need to remember to never revenge-trade.
- How Adam when he started creating his own observations about which were controlling the market and certain times and figuring out what drives price, he was able to reap the rewards.
- How Adam was able to shorten his learning curve by many years by getting a mentor.
- How traders can achieve their goals, and what kinds of goals traders need to set for themselves.
Links and Resources:
- Read this post Adam wrote to learn how to accomplish your trading goals.
- Adam relies on the NinjaTrader platform to make his job easier.
- Click here for more info on Peak Performance Home Study Course for Traders and Investors by Dr Van Tharp to help you learn about the psychology of trading
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre is recommended book by Adam, guests, available on Amazon.
- OpticTrading.com– Learn more about Adam on his website.
- @OpticTrading – Follow Adam on Twitter
- Follow Adam on his YouTube channel.