Tim Walker has a wealth of trading knowledge and understands how to extract a serious profit from the market. He provides a lot of great insights during this interview, particularly for those who are technically inclined.
He dives into a lot detail about how Gann’s methods have had a big influence on his own approach to trading, particularly Gann’s ‘50% rule’. This rule still holds weight in today’s market, see for yourself.
What’s Covered in This Interview:
- Why it’s important at the bigger picture and use the overall trend to trade.
- How creating your own luck and effect of positive thinking can rub off on your trades.
- How Tim learned to trade by breaking everything down one week at a time using the power of repetition.
- Tim’s logical views on news releases and fundamentals and how many traders are usually fooled. He also talks about the impact of emotional trading by the herd.
- Tim’s breakdown of the process and steps that define trading.
- How the 50% rule of W D Gann often calls a change in trend.
- Why double and triple bottoms/tops happen and why they are usually a great pattern to trade.
- Why traders need to document your trades, and how one of Tim’s subscribes was able to increase his profits dramatically this way.
Links and Resources:
- Jesse Livermore: World’s Greatest Stock Trader by Richard Smitten, available on Amazon is a great biography of a well-known trader.
- Tim recommends traders read The Truth Of The Stock Tape by William Gann, available on Amazon to learn about W.D Gann’s trading methods.
- Also be sure to check out Tim’s book (probably better described as a comprehensive course), How To Trade Like W D Gann, available at Sacred Science.
- timwalker.net.au -Visit Tim’s website to get his weekly newsletter.
- Profit Source is Tim’s go-to for charting software.