Zach Hurwitz, a trading coach, systems developer, an independent equities trader, consultant to emerging hedge funds and a Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) mastermind. In fact, VWAP forms the basis of Zach’s trading, and many institutional and algorithmic traders rely heavily on this indicator.
In this two hour (yes, two hours!) interview, Zach provides listeners with a thought-provoking introduction to VWAP. He also provides listeners on his trading philosophies what it takes to code a trading system and psychology pointers.
What’s Covered in This Interview:
- Why it’s beneficial to trade using a VWAP strategy and how you can calculate this indicator and plot it on a chart.
- How traders can get a good understanding on using VWAP on where large traders are interacting at certain price points with the market.
- Why Zach doesn’t focus on the small details that paralyze and plague many developing traders and focuses on market direction instead.
- What timeframe is the most effective for VWAP, and the kinds of traders that benefit the most from this system.
- Where traders can start if they want to learn to code trading systems, and what some of the best free resources are out there.
- Why the absence of mastery on one thing is solely the reason why most traders will never succeed.
Links and Resources:
- Finviz – Zach recommends this stock screening website as way to think more systematically.
- ThinkOrSwim –You can get a free demo account at this trading platform so you can start experimenting with VWAP on live charts.
- ThinkScript – Get tutorials on how to write code using this platform.
- Recommended Reading – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre, available on Amazon.
- Zach is currently reading Hedge Fund Market Wizards, available on Amazon.
- sanglucci.com -Learn more about Zach and the articles he’s written.
- @ZachHurwitz – Follow Zach on Twitter.